Thursday, October 01, 2009

New Goals

I follow a blog by an illustrator named Mel Milton and about two months ago Mel challenged himself to an illustration a day for a month. Today he posted illustration number 61. When I saw this I was reminded of my lack of daily discipline, to grab the sketch pad and draw. I realized that I need challenges like these to stretch me and help revive the fundamental ability to draw by hand. Over the years I have become so accustomed to drawing with a mouse that I soon realized that the physical ability of picking up a pencil and drawing had atrophied.

So today I am making two art related goals:
  1. I will submit a drawing a day for a month. Which is convenient because today is the first of the month.
  2. I will also submit a drawing a week for Illustration Fridays. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment